Friday, December 22, 2006

Catmas Blogging Friday

I know there's Festivus, but we need more alternatives to Christmas, the most panicked time of the year.
Perhaps Catmas. Same holiday but without the need to give everyone a gift, or to be happy or in good cheer from start to finish. You spend relaxing time with family and pets doing the things you like about the holiday, in your own way, at your own pace.

Around the city today I saw anger, frustration and dread in peoples faces. It really isn't a nice thing to force on people. And very few people said merry Christmas or anything festive to me.
And of course, since China is now our cheap manufacturer of everything, how many hundreds of billions are they raking in on this great holiday? While we get neurotic every year, the People's Republic becomes the dominant power in the world.
This is sounding like a war on Christmas rant but that's as silly as a war on terror. We just need to decouple the obligatory expense and have a simpler more heartfelt environment for people to find their own Christmas.

6 comments:

RossK said...

Oh alright already.

Just this once I'll play along with this feline frivolity.

Happy Catsmas To All, And To All A Goodnight!



(or should that be 'Catfight')

Anonymous said...

Catmas -- what about Dogmas??!! ;)

I agree with the panic and dread, arrgh, I've been feeling it myself. On 2pm Tuesday I was standing outside the post office wrapping a box full of stuff that HAD to go out by 2:15 to get to Toronto by today. I was freaking out, getting tape stuck in my hair etc, thinking why the F did I not do this a month ago? Why? Why? Why???

Time for an eggnog.

Q said...

Happy furry vertebrates day to you Ross.
As I recall, cat Friday was a very popular post on your site when I guested last August.
I'm willing to consider an invertebrates day but they just ain't very warm and fuzzy for us pet lovers:)

Nothing beats rum and eggnog JJ. Eventually that will have me in the proper spirits.

RossK said...

Your Q'ness.....

Yes, indeed, I do remember your diabolical, distemper-driven desire to insert felines into my diatribes a few months back.

But what you may not know is that far back in the reaches of bloggodome time (ie. 18 months or so ago), I actually started up HST's Fridays as an antidote to the dastardly doing's of people of your ilk.

Which is not to say that I hate cats.

I just hate cat blogging.

Or maybe I just have Atrios-envy.

Sheesh.

Maybe I should see somebody about this problem.

Q said...

Hubble Space Telescope Fridays? hmmmm

Probably have more success with Hunter S.Thompson days.

So does that mean you don't need my help next summer when you're out searching for perfect beaches where the buffalo roam?

Alison said...

Cheryl at TGB has already tagged Hubble for Sundays, Q.

No one's doing "Recipe Tuesdays" yet though. I'm guessing that would have a pretty high annoyance factor.