Saturday, November 25, 2006

Saturday Friday Kitty Puppy Blogging

Okay, okay, I missed kitty-puppy blogging Friday.

It all started Thursday. Something that hasn't happened in so long, no one could remember around these parts. The cable and internet went off. After an unsuccessful reboot I made the fateful call to Rogers, only to be told that it was a local problem that may not be fixed till Friday.

They did kindly offer to phone me when it was restored. I think that was supposed to make me laugh. And I'm suppose to tell my family of cable/ internet addicts what?

An immediate mood of panic, then dread befell the household. People nervously looked out windows fidgeting with bored tension. People contemplated playing cards or cleaning rooms. Things we use to do before the internet. It was hellish.

The kitty and puppies were amused.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's more like it!;) Adorable animal blogging!

No internet!!! God, I can't even stand it when it goes down for a couple of hours.

Anonymous said...

hahaha, it is hell, isn't it? i get copper dialup backup for winter....http://www.mycopper.net/
free trial, cancel before it's over :)

glad dog and cat had no probs with it.

Alison said...

But like all addicts, don't we somewhere wish it would just blink out for good, go off the grid...

The power is flickering on and off as I type this.

Is that a painting I see above the retriever's head?