Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Presidential Address


















My fellow Americans, I'm here to tell you tonight that mistakes have been made in Iraq and as your commander in chief, I am not happy with the progress that we've made.
I have a different plan for success in Iraq, a new way forward. I am replacing the 25,000 plus troops who have been killed or seriously injured in Iraq with 21,500 new ones who haven't.
The strategy is simple but our resolve to complete the job must be stronger than before. If we take on the enemy with resolve, maybe in 2 or 3 years we can defeat everyone who opposes our occupation. Then when no one is left who opposes our will, then we will have won and the remaining Iraqis will accept us as liberators and Iraq's oil will be secure.
I am urging Congress to fund operation surge because Americans aren't quitters. Americans don't cut and run. Thank you and may God bless America.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good translation of the Georgie-speak last night. I loved his "apology" -- "mistakes have been made, (translation: "but I didn't make them"), however, I guess I have to take the responsibility for those stupid mofos that made the mistakes". (big sigh) "It's hard, hard work being preznit."

Q said...

I made my version after work and it pretty much covered the real one. Predictable or what?
Should be 'Mutiny on the Bounty" time.

Anonymous said...

Mutiny on the Bounty. Interesting. 70% of americans don't want to do this Iraq surge thing -- that's more than enough to rush the white house and physically toss these assholes out. Like they would have done back in the 1800's.

Can you imagine a Bush/Cheney administration in those days? they'd have been toast about 2 years ago.